PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Oct 2007, 15:03
keepin it in trim

Apache for HEMS - Strafe those Survivors!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Riker

you are obviously very keen to get onto long haul fleet, however, assignment of aircraft type is done by the company. Unless things have changed, and I don't believe they have, you do not have any direct influence on that.

What does tend to influence fleet assignment is your experience level, and on what/where that experience was gained. To reinforce what others have said, the more experience you have the LESS likely you are to get big fleet. This is simply because if you go big fleet you are usually looking at minimum 2 years in the right seat. Also please remember that when you do move to left seat you do NOT stay on big fleet, you move to small/medium cabin to get command.

The fleet mix is around 2/3 to 3/4 small and medium cabin, G5 and Falcon slots are not that unusual at Indoc. G5 is usually long haul, from what I see Falcon classic tends to be similar routes to H800, Easy tends to go a little further afield.

As I am sure has been mentioned there is no such thing as a typical week. You have a fixed roster that tells you the days you are working, 6on/5off for small and medium, mix of 6on/5off and 7on/6off large cabin. You often don't know where you might end up at the end of the day, let alone a week in advance. If it is important to you to know in advance where you will be going during a tour, then this is the wrong job to be in.

Hope that helps, have a good day