PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulic Lock /Jack Stall
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 11:01
K48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The nEd?

Jack Stall, no matter how 'deep', IS NOT Hydraulic Lock. Jack Stall is temporary. Hydraulic Lock (due to a failed component) is permanent. The two are very different.
Sorry, that's a misunderstanding due to various thread diversions and lazy typing on my part- I was referring specifically to the orginal thread - While I have had confirmation of the true definition of Hyd Lock as per ATPL material (courtesy NLappos et al), I was stating that I now have come to the conclusion that what my Kiwi friend was describing as 'Hyd lock' was most likely in fact Deep Jack Stall - i.e when he was describing the cause of an AS350 accident NE of Auckland, to which I referred at the beginnning of the thread. (Bravo I'm surprised you didn't spot that. Were you off thread again? . ) Although this Kiwi was very experienced he was perhaps unaware of the difference in terminology, as many are not over here either, even though it is now taught in the latest ATPL material. But to me it has all been cleared up, with thanks to all - and I have to say that I am extremely honoured to have the input of those such as Nick (and your own good experience Bravo) in the thread.