PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 07:38
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Mighty Hunter AGE: You misquote your own posting to which I replied, "Yes".
Your statement in full was "So DV what you are saying then is that the MU is not doing its job properly? that jets are being sent up with fuel leaks that are not being rectified"

Acceptable deferred defects are still defects, which should be cleared in the specified time. Normally, they are carried until the next in-depth servicing, unless they get worse before that can take place.

I should also like to point out that a Commissioned Engineering Officer at Kinloss, stated in an email (Dec 2005), "As you are aware, XV230 and XV250 both have fuel leak issues that need to be rectified before the aircraft can be deployed to TELIC". He then goes on to list the defects, which are all located in the wing area. MPI are then called in (Feb 2006) to carry out fuel leak-mapping, negative pressure testing and a full reseal of affected areas on XV230. THE FAULTS RETURN a few months later, prior to the aircraft unndergoing the new equalized servicing, and deployment to the Gulf. However, only 7 out of 12 defects were cleared. The standards which applied in Feb, should still have applied in Aug when the aircraft was sent to the Gulf.

In the end we lost XV230, and XV250, which was also sent the Gulf was asked to return to Kinloss in Nov 2006.

And why do I reply now? timing old boy, timing.

By the way, the posting was not four months ago, it was last month (14th September).

DV

Last edited by Distant Voice; 29th Oct 2007 at 08:59.