PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - r22 manifold pressure placard
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 04:18
rtrnewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Na -- just got an instructor who isnt sure if I can read properly - really do want to know - I have UNI level applied maths (Africa) and I am not sure of this one - its a bit of a Robinson thing - maybe he was saving on ink and didnt want to indicate ranges. Sure the amount of MAP you can use is defined by Newtons Laws initially but they are sticky here about it as a lot of flying is done where you lift at 6000ft and above in hot conditions. I am at SL but if I get hppl means I can fly anywhere in this country with big differences in prevailing conditions. As I said in the previous post the altitude blocks down the left seem to be obvious as they go SL - 2000- 4000 and I assumed the first block indicates 0 to 2000 ft as its difficult to fly below sea level. The Temperature blocks not so obvious - can you fly at less than -20 - not in this country but in Siberia or Chicago I suppose you can - Scotland definitely - you guys tell me. So does the first block marked -20 mean -20 to -10 or -whatever to -20.

Last edited by rtrnewboy; 29th Oct 2007 at 05:05.