PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working and Living in Trinidad
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2007, 02:47
scottishterrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Manic !

Your observations are excellent.

Indeed the aviation industry as a whole is suffering a shortage of Pilot staff.

At the possible risk of explaining myself to you.

I do not "have an axe to grind" as you call it.

What I will do is put my head above the parapet at the risk of taking a hit from you or your like, and make a commentry on where I, and clearly others believe there is "ROT".

Your possible knowledge of this subject matter is apparently limited.

I do not, as you commented have an issue with folks studying whilst working, to perhaps advance their career. I do however have a problem with people taking advantage of their position whilst seeking to disadvantage others or boost their friends position.Those who have recieved the "leg up" through contacts or never having actually qualified by selection for a sponsored cadetships. ON TARGET ! Result ZERO....

I am a supporter of my colleagues, if I make statements and comments to provoke reaction or comment then that is my prerogative.

This thread has become an outlet for the folks involved to "vent", giving entertainment and creating response, when another was removed from them, and long may it continue.

If I chose to make possible denigrating remarks, those would be for my own reasons, but those with familiarity will understand.

I am happy you have become part of this internal debate of sorts, or as I suspect you have chosen to assume a new anonymous identity, also I am happy to have at least caused a reaction, in the same way I found it necessary to respond to an addition on this thread.

As for carrying the flag proudly. It may be the case that some have little option and continue out of necessity but do not assume that they are entirely happy with their situation or the work environment they are forced to endure.

As for my personal situation, I am quite happy. I will not however, stop ridiculing ar lambasting individuals or situations that are unjust or deserve condemnation.

More to come

ST

Last edited by scottishterrier; 29th Oct 2007 at 09:45.