PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SW info
Thread: SW info
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 22:49
pic_on_B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life at Sunwing

FYI, Sunwing remains a very pleasant company to work for and I am mostly very pleased.

What is happening at Sunwing? This winter 9 airplanes (B737-800) will be flying to sun destinations from 24 canadian airports! Flight crew will be based at Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Quebec city. Permanent bases are YYZ and YUL and pilots can voluntarily choose to fly from the other 3 bases.

One of Sunwing's biggest challenge is finding direct-entry captains. If you have jet-glass cockpit time you are what they are looking for. Why don't you apply at www.flysunwing.com ?

Sunwing pilots come and go but most are happy to stay since the Sunwing Travel Group is a stable employer with 20 years of experience. The pilots who have a free spirit and a sense of adventure tend to bid for the european bases in the summer while the others stay in Canada. For the summer of 2007 every pilot got the base they wanted either in Canada or overseas. No one was forced to expatriate themselves.

Sunwing management is open and flexible and issues are easily resolved by talking to them. If you are a pilot that needs every little detail written in a work contract, Sunwing may not be the place for you (I recommend you go to AC or Jazz). Flexibility, common sense and leadership are needed in the charter business. From my experience at Sunwing safety is KING.

Lastly, last week all employees found out that a bonus was being offered in light of record profits.....