PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 19:27
EI-CGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say it again Slowly sums it up perfectly.

Fair enough, there is a lot of sentementality from people who put in a lot of effort to make EA work, but it wasnt only the staff who lost money, taxi companies, engineering contractors, one man bands etc etc etc, as I have said before (and it brings me no pleasure) there are people out there just waiting for an ex EA aircraft to turn up on their ramp to snow plough it in, and I know of one MD of a company who is making it his personal mission to make sure this doesnt work, I sympathise with him, he had to lay off staff because of the money that was owed. Most of the crews got jobs quickly, some others effected by this have not been so fortunate.

This simply isnt going to work, for a start the big fuelling companies are asking for cash up front, as is everyone else, with the margins being so tight in this industry that makes it very hard to get going, another concern I hear is lack of spares (plenty of rubbish without Form 1's before anyone starts) around now for the 748) coupled with RM 'apparently' vowing NEVER to even give them accreditation to bid on contacts its a very very grim picture.

Like I have said many, many times before, stay well away.