PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 17:11
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough, Ianj, you've made some valid points, you know your airline better then I do, however:

1. Crew Food. You should be provided with your OWN crew food, or none at all. This is a safety issue as technically you should not be eating passenger food incase of food poisoning. I know everybody does it across all airlines but no airline should rely on it's crew to eat passenger leftovers for sustenance.

2. B2Bs are different to successive charter flights. I've been there myself and I know how both can be tiring. Luckily, my charter airline limited the amount of long range short haul flights you could do in a row to three. B2Bs are different in the fact that you cross time zones over and over while achieving 2 local nights and operating 2 night flights THEN having to drive home after sector 4.

I'm not here to rubbish you or Silverjet in any way but am making points as an impartial observer.

My comments about DXB are quite valid as the destination itself is attracting an element not disassociated with the wearing of Burberry. Hopefully, for you and Silverjet, this may not not be the case but if my experience of Virgin is anything to go by...