PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 14:21
Silver Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello all,

Not sure whether IanJ's comments are directed at me or VS-LHRCSA. However to qualify the points that you raise for the interest of anyone interested in joining the company.

For the record I very much work the company and I know it!

1) Unions - Not fussed on this myself - although many crew members are thinking of joining one. No real difference here to many airlines.

2) Crew food - already qualified what you have said.

3) Pay - scales are correct, but forget 4 flights a month. Even with leave I have been rostered 5 flights and without 8, plus 5 standby days!

4) Back to Backs - I personally can just about cope with 2 New Yorks in a row, but 3 is really demanding, with the lack of sleep! In all honesty I did not expect this, when joining and really hope that it will gradually fade away when we have more staff.

5) Standby - Maybe we work for different parts of the same company or have different rostering teams? My roster always shows standby blocks of 8 hours 30 minutes and 7 of them this month!

6) To a certain extent I agree with VS-LHRCSA comments. Perhaps it not the complication of the service but more the changes every month that get to me. Don't get me wrong, you have to change to stay alive these days darling, but this is different to anything else I have experienced, with emails every day listing changes.

7) Passenger profile - Not sure I agree with either side on the question of DXB.

8) Advert - Personally not fussed by the Lav advert, and the BA one neither. Someone who I know who is a BA passenger recently said to me that 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'.

9) Flat beds - again we must work for different airlines as the beds on the planes I fly are not quite flat and the passengers constantly remind us of it.

As said at the beginning of the post, not sure whether you were directing you comments directly at me, but either way the discussion is good for the purpose of this thread i.e. for people considering joining the company.

Hope to bump into you soon, maybe on the same plane.

BBFN

Silver Boy x