PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 28th Oct 2007, 14:19
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Guth
I dont have the best of grades
Computing - A
Maths - B
Phy. Ed.- 3
English - 4
Graphic. Comms. 4
Chemistry - 5

I've applied to do evening courses in Higher Maths and English, if i pass them would i be taken into consideration for being a pilot.

my grades are rubbish but i can pass all the aptitude tests etc. i have tried, wish i had tried in school.

is there any hope for me?
Guth, the short answer, on your plans, is no chance. Ignore the aptitude requirements. You must first get the mandatory GCSE-A-Levels. If you got good grades in Higher Maths and English this would give you just 3 GCSE is Maths and Higher Maths counted for one, or 4 if they count separately - you might have to argue that point.

This still leaves you wit one or two GCSE to get. Your hand here is weak as you need to convert that Chemistry 5 to a C and one other. I don't know how and upgrade to the Phys Ed 3 or Graphic Comms 4 would sit.

Then you need 2 more passes at A-Level.

However you still have time and youth on your side.

You need to start over, possibly get the 3 GCSE and 2 A-level in the next 2 years and you will be set at age 19. At the same time you will need to follow all the other advice on this thread to make yourself stand out from the crowd - join and run an organisation, get a job, get in a sports team etc.

Finally work up a really good story to explain what went wrong to start with

I won't wish you good luck. Good luck will have nothing to do with your success. WORK HARD.