PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 13:08
Silver Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Silverjet

Hi all,

As this thread is open for opinions, and people have asked what it's like Silverjet I can understand why Silver**** voiced their opinion, however I do not agree with the way in which it was done.

Everything that VS-LHRCSA says is true, except crew food, which is the meals that the passengers don't eat.

It's the 'back 2 backs' that get to me. Worst I have done is 3 in a row!!! Didn't know where I was afterwards, could sleep, couldn't eat and in a daze on my days off - still recovering. My other half was really worried about me!

More like a short haul roster flying long haul. For those of you thinking of joining, roster seems to settle around a minimum of 5 trips a month and up to 7. Plenty of standby as well, and as VS-LHRCSA says, it's a leo-sayer, cover morning and afternoon making for a hellish day/night if your called for the evening flight. No rules on the maximum they can roster except legal rules!

Sure it's a start-up company, and you can't knock them for that, but it's a year now and things are not likely to stabilise whilst they are expanding, which is more than some other airlines though.

Plenty of people leaving (like any other company), but there seem to be a lot more of late and some really good people as well, which is a shame! Isn’t always the way that the bad ones always seem to stay!

I would suggest that anyone thinking of joining Silverjet thinks long and hard, as you should with any job, and take a view somewhere between Silver**** and VS-LHRCSA. It ****** hard work at best and they want their 'pounds worth' out of you, and it not all rosy here. Been with them since the beginning and hoping for better. Why do I stay? Hope and the buzz of flying.

Well I’m off for another flight, but if anyone wants any more information then please don’t hesitate to ask darlings! Will keep you posted.

BBFN,

Silver Boy x