PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet Buys GB Airways (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 11:55
SuperStewardess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys.
As an employee of easyJet for the last 7 years & British Airways & Caledonian before that, I really think you guys at G.B. really have nothing to fear. I've heard that some G.B. staff were even seen crying in jubilee house recently because of the takeover. To a degree, I can totally understand why & it seems a real pity that B.A, itself, chose to reject the chance to buy G.B, but they obviously had their reasons. I have seen a real transformation in the time I've been here, from 'tin-pot' outfit to low-cost proffessional & I'm very impressed with the company as it stands today.
If I'm honest, I'll probably be here for the rest of my flying career as it really is that sort of company. I loved working for British Airways in the old days, but I have to say, easyJet really do come a very close second in my eyes. Promotion is good, The money is also good, good sector pay, not hourly rate. commission at 10%, share options, language payments, nightstop allowances, day-off payments & day off in lieu. 6 on 3 off roster- being able to plan your life! A great new uniform, CONFIRMED seat staff travel on the easyJet network. Good pension contributions & loads of other staff offers from gym memberships to car hire!
This has always been a company that I've been proud to work for & I think in-time, you guys will also feel the same way... it gets you like that!
the future's bright, the future's orange!