PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 11:30
aime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry the rest of the story

Okay fellows, here is the rest of the story:

I started working for Air Serv in March 2002. I was based in Goma, DRC.
All was well. I flew C208s and even went to South Africa to get a South African validation.

At the end of July 2002, on a Sunday - a day off for everyone - I climbed Mount Nyriagongo {the volcano at the end of runway 36) with a bunch of other NGO friends, locals and a French volcanologist. All went well. Upon returning the local ASI manager, Mrs. Rachel Scott Leflaive, congratulated me for a nice climb which she wished had been a part of!

In mid-August I was flying a "ZS registered" Caravan from Goma to Nairobi via Entebbe where I had picked up Ray Snaith, the Chief PIlot.
Ray was supposedly going with me to Nairobi to show me where the maintenance shop was and to introduce me to the mechanics so as to facilitate future trips.

Upon landing and after the presentations with the mechanics, we left and went to a restaurant for dinner.

During dinner Ray Snaith told me that I was fired. FIred because of the climb two weeks earlier.

He also added: " I personally had no problem with your work. I will write a letter of recommendation to help you out".

I never saw Goma again, never saw my friends, my stuff and ... never received Ray's letter.

In retrospect, what a spineless hypocryte this Ray Snaith guy was! Wouldn't risk his paycheck to stand for his pilots.

And what about Susan MacGregor, the program director?
A blonde, hired on her looks and cup size, whose aeronautical knowledge consisted of what she had acquired from the inflight magazine on the way over.

Now, wouldn't you say that this is about the most cowardly/underhanded thing that you have ever heard of ?!

Because my house had been rented for one year I spent close to 200 days in the streets.

Sooooo, after busting my butt for Air Serv International, I was homeless, broke and jobless. Homeless, broke, jobless.

PS: They had a pilot who flew in the Goma program with me 02 and later in Iraq in 2003. Over time he became so pissed, desillusioned and depressed with Air Serv that he took his own life.

Last edited by aime; 28th Oct 2007 at 11:45. Reason: correct syntax