PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF multi-engine training at Kidlington?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2001, 09:54
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
I admit to being a bit of a Devil's advocate over this - personally I'd just like to see the end of streaming assessment for students trying to attend full time university academic study courses. I view it as totally unreasonable pressure on these students.

But a return to RAFC as The Royal Air Force College giving a 3 year academic, EFTS and BFTS course together with all appropriate military education would be even better. For those still wishing to join after university, the UAS would merely provide 'some' flying during their university time - but with no pretence towards assessment/streaming - and they would join their RAFC colleagues at a suitable point to complete EFTS on the T67M260 and BFTS on the Tucano (perhaps the ex-UAS at Linton if Cranwell couldn't cope with the number - and CFS should move to Linton as well?). All pilots would complete the same BFTS course, then, after wings and streaming, FJ to Valley on the Hawk, ME to the USA on the Jayhawk and RW to Shawbury. Achieve 60 IPS annually (4 courses of 15-20), forget MFTS. If there are insufficient Tucanos to give all piots a full BFTS course, stream at some stage during the BFTS course to send the RW to Shawbury and the ME to complete training on the Texan II, then wings and the Jayhawk.

[ 23 October 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]