PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA-NZ New Director
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2007, 07:21
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LeadSled
the predicament in the real world is the huge power imbalance between the "regulator" and the "regulated", and the practical issues of fighting CASA through the courts ---- the time and cost is frightening.
Precisely why I advocated an industry lobby group to make the case. That was what was done years ago in NZ with the formation of the AIA -an industry-formed & funded lobby group set up with the then stated intention of curbing the excesses of nonsense emanating from the Puzzle Palace. That they have morphed into little more than a puppet of the administrator in recent years is a matter of shame imo.

...a very successful modernisation of your rules
The jury's still out on that one. Very successful in some areas, just another cudgel for the regulator in others. Although, our AIP documentation has vastly improved -especially in comparison to what you guys have. I don't think I've ever seen a document as poorly organised or laid out as your ERSA for example.

Maybe NZ might like to come up with a foreign aid program to do the same for Australia, we could call it Operation GA Survival.
The Campaign Against Aviation is leading the charge against GA in NZ, at all levels. They would be much happier administering only ANZ & Mount Cook -at least until they screw the pooch. We've had a succession of Directors that have little care or regard for GA, seeing us as only a thorn in their sides, including the incumbent who seems destined more for the Beehive than the Puzzle Palace.
But hey, sure! Once we get our own nest in a fiscally sound and rewarding, sustainable, safe and vibrant condition, we'll be happy to share what we've learnt with you!