PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Support Manchester
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2007, 23:31
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Flight Support GCI

I reckon its fairly obvious BE would, they already have handling contracts with FS in MAN - and by all accounts they are pretty pleased. Running a ground handling operation is expensive, especially when the vast majority of the work is handling your own aircraft (with limited opportunity to handle other airlines).
GR, I'm not sure about. We all know that they've had a fairly rough few years and again could save some vital money outsourcing the handling. However I think something would be lost at Aurigny if handling work was outsourced at their hub... the only contact the pax would get with actual GR staff would be the pilot at the front of the trislander!
BCI I'm fairly sure wouldn't outsource handling - they pride themselves as the 'airline with a difference'... and seem to be making enough money to run a self handling operation (especially with their fleet expanding fairly rapidly).
But would FS even consider opening at GCI with the fairly small operation there? There's pretty much zero opportunity to expand their contracts: only 3 airlines there after all!