PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airworthy Avro Anson
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2007, 13:26
hallibagger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anson Drawings.

OK, Torres that looks exactly like the one we are trying to restore to static display condition!

Here is an update to my search for drawings:

Tom Coates of Saskatoon, Canada, has indeed registered an Anson which he apparently obtained from Britain. I have been unable to get in touch with him but I am told that he has a hangar full of parts and it is unlikely to fly in the near future. We would still like to be able to talk to him as we may be able to use the same set of drawings, if we ever get them.

The New Zealand Aviation Museum has a set of drawings and I am in touch with Bill Reid who is getting a Mk I ready to fly. He has some 5,000 drawings but he had to sign a "No copy", "No loan", agreement in order to get them from the museum.

The RCAF Memorial Museum, our museum, is looking into our making a similar arrangement with the New Zealand Museum. The stumbling block is the cost to copy some 5,000 full sized drawings!

I did contact BAE Woodford and they have passed me down the chain to their Heritage department and they do indeed have a lot of Anson drawings but they are in poor shape and they have never been catalogued. They have agreed to take a look at the collection to see exactly what they have.

My thanks to evryone who helped out.