PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No GrowBags when buying booze.
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2007, 10:39
AC Ovee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a home for the livers-in. I'll bet you don't dress up to have a glass of wine or beer in your lounge of an evening?
I've lost count of the number of times that I've heard that nonsense. Please tell me that you are not a senior officer or MACR. I expect that kind of rubbish from JOs and sgts

As a liver-in, your home is behind your front door, which is the door to your room(s). The bar is a public room; the dining room and ante-room likewise. One benefit of living in is that you live very close to the nearest boozer, but that doesn't make it an extension to your home.

The problem with this thread is that the original poster used the words, "growbag" in the title thus attracting a discussion. The situation in the filling station, wrt CS95, has been discussed to the point of tedium.

Regarding the wearing of flying suits off base, the rules have been reproduced in this discussion and are quite clear. On base, in the bar, individual messes have the right through general meetings to decide what is acceptable dress in their public rooms.