PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2007, 09:08
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD,

I'm sure you do, and we all do I'd imagine.. you need this put to bed for yourselves and for Tapper. But outing those e-mails wasn't a particularly decent thing to do though, and more importantly, I can't see what good it served you, or Tapper, or the cause. And I say this as someone who admires your resolve, your drive and your determination. You have lost your son, and I can't begin to imagine the pain.. as I can't begin to imagine the pain felt by the dads of those 2 lads run over on the motorway the other day.

Whatever I say will sound patronising, but there's a fine line between allowing something to eat you up, and doing the right thing for your little boy (they'll always be little boys, wont they?). Those e-mails weren't indications of corporate manslaughter, or whatever.,. they seemed to me, to be from blokes who (like yourself most prob.. dads too, hard working officers and with their hearts in the right place) were just trying to sort out one hell of a problem. If they had had the time, and different circumstances, they would have expressed themselves differently I'd imagine. E-mail is like jotting down random thoughts in many ways.. its a modern curse. We spend 4 times as long writing stuff that is 4 times too long.

Let the BoI announce its results, look at the big picture from every angle and then act. I know its frustrating as hell, although as I said, it must be awful for you and I thank God, have never had to know just how awful. But sometimes you might need someone to play devils advocate? Don't lose perspective, stay dignified and if and when you do realise you can nail the bastards.. do it properly but make sure that your aim is true, and pointing at the right culprits.

All the very best.