PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrews are at the end of their tether
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2001, 05:06
Mowgli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At Incirlik in 92/93, it was very hot. Our ground crew were accommodated in tents, but they had air conditioning, and nearby facilities. On my first detachment there, we (aircrew) were in accom blocks, not air conditioned. The tents were ok. They were well away from the runway. Now, I don't know what this particular airfield is like, but as someone has already mentioned, airfields are BIG places. So, as someone else has already asked, why can't decent tents with good "facilities" be placed in a quiet spot. Guys, for all the arguments about "when I was in tents etc" (and I've been there too), this is just ludicrous. I'm a civvy now, and I want my govt to send our people with the best support there is. Not only for the most important reason of so they can best do their job, but so they know that their countrymen back home give a --it about them. We are expecting these fine people to do a job for us. Come on CAS, for squires sake send the guys some decent tents and put them somewhere they can get some sleep. I despair sometimes.

Good luck you guys, you're in a difficult position, and you shouldn't have to worry about this nonsense.

I could mention cumulative fatigue, and devisiveness, and leading by example. Please stop the willy waving arguments. I'm sure lots of us have a wardrobe of teeshirts. These guys/girls need our support.