PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benson to go Army?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2007, 00:31
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Why thank you Front Seater,

It took many many hours of head scratching to work that one out. I'm so glad you agree with me. And of course, by putting everything into Bastion and designating it a home location, I shall task my J1 types to look into not having to pay LSSA or operational allowance whilst minimizing the amount spent on LOA - well it is the Middle East after all - you can get loads of gadgets for peanuts.

And we won't have to classify it as field conditions either, saving even more. When the troops return to the UK on R&R, we can charge them for living in the various Messes and Blocks - after all, if we station everyone in AF permanently, we can rent out the accommodation on stations that we won't need on a daily basis and for the periods the chaps are back in the UK we will obviously have to recompense the Home Office for not being able to store sorry house illegal immigrants in the SLAM blocks.

My God, it gets better and better the further I look into it.

FS - have a promotion and pass me the furniture & fittings catalogue - Mrs M wants to re-carpet the grace and favour pile with the cash we've saved by re-locating you to AF. Benson .... where? Which do think sounds better - General Sir ACH Melchett or Lord Melchett of Barking? Decisions decisions!