PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrews are at the end of their tether
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2001, 17:49
The Eternal JP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I have just come back from the said place that has filled this subject and one the whole the comments are very reasonable. I feel as though I should add some thoughts though.

1. The comments about whinging are completely unfounded as people are putting up with the tents. As mentioned before, it is the quantity of personnel and lack of ac which is making living conditions unbearable. To top this though, the jets getting airborne at all hours are making it impossible to get some sleep.

2. As mentioned before, someone could be brave and say they won't fly due to fatigue. The problem is we are all too proud (or stupid) to do this.

3. Also just starting is the normalisation of the camp. Having a quality assesment eng off is obviously a big help to all the ground troops that are working all hours
to keep us flying.......not! obviously the air rank don't even trust the guys to do their job either any more!!!

To top this all though, I hear AOC2 has decreed that all transit crews are to stay in hotels as they may get too tired in tents. This was shown during end ex of SSII, when all at crews were in fact in hotels when we were paying to have a couple of hours by the pool after being on op sorties........thanks.

Basically, if the situation continues, there will be an accident very soon. I know of several condors and personal letters to IFS, all with no reply. I also know now that there are several people off at the first opportunity, cause they have just had enough after many many happy years in the service.

Wake up and face the facts guys. It will end in tears. Seeing how the US so it across the road has shown what can be done provided with a few penny's. We could lose a lot more than sleep soon.