PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does your airline deal with manuals
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 20:45
Deathrow558

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does your airline deal with manuals

Hello!

I'm wondering how the airline you (I mean you the reader) work for deal with their manuals? FCOM's, FCTM's, Operations Manuals (more company specific), Aerads, AFM's etc etc.

We have *just* swithed from issueing the FCOM's in hard copy to every single aircraft, simulator, base and to every single PILOT to issueing it electronically to pilots. The bases, aircraft and sims still get a hard copy. The disc also includes our Operations Manual and the FCTM. We've had loads of complaints from crew saying they prefer to have it in front of them physically whilst studying rather than reading off a computer or printing it off but it's a step we've taken and in my opinion it's better.

So yeah, the way we work:

Pilots - Disc containing all manuals. Hard copy of the Flight Crew Training Manual (FCTM)

Simulators - Hard copy of everything for obvious reasons

Aircraft - Still hard copy of everything including Notices.

Bases - Hard copies of everything in A4 and A5 size.

All our Jepp Manuals, approach plates, Loadsheets etc are (thankfully) dealt with by an outside company.

Amendments to hard copies are done by me. Nothing short of a nightmare. But it has become easier now that I only issue one disc to pilots rather than 5 or 6 seperate manuals/amendments per person.