PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Engine Failure in ALC 23/10
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 17:51
tailwheel76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hedgedweller, you've obviously had a worrying time and haven't coped very well with it, its understandable, the unexpected food service provided to you and 229 others in the airport sounds shocking...

As others have said all mechanical things have the chance of failing but I can guarantee the checks carried out on the aircraft you flew on would have been far more stringent than those on the car you jumped into at Cardiff and then drove home on the motorway (?) at 70mph without giving it a second thought - when was the last thorough check, up to 12 months ago?

Did you check the brakes worked, pads, shoes and lines ok? How about the engine, every moving part checked? And the fuel system all ok, no leaks or rubbing hoses? Hopefully the seat belts? I suppose you thought how you'd deal with a puncture at 70mph? Or a fire on the back seat? Was your passenger alert to any risks and dangers to help you out in a tricky situation? etc etc. Probably not, you may have just endangered countless of individuals on your way home due to your lack of attention - shocking, what a cock up that would have been.

Get over yourself, I'm far safer in the air than on a motorway with yours and everyone elses unsafe vehicles - how dare you all endanger me!

Educate yourself before making such ridiculous posts. Good luck with the claim.