PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A different take on the rugby World Cup.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 16:08
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamex, as much as it pains me I agree with you.

(Although I do disagree with your snide remark about this being an aviation forum only, obviously it is, but I think some topics other than flying make for good fun.)

The reason SA are world champs is because they were able to adapt their game, play expansive rugby first time round against England, and then play a type of rugby which was needed to win the final.

Thats why NZ dont win in the modern era, through the year they play great rugby and can pretty much beat any team you care to put in front of them with great viewing expansive rugby, but when it comes to being able to change their style to suit the final, they are unable to.

Finals tend not to be great viewing in the sense of running in 60 metre tries, but thats because so much is at stake and I dont think you can blame teams/players for it coming down to drop goals and penalties.

By the way Jamex, I put money down on 3 teams at the beginning of the World Cup, SA (5-1), France (7-1), Australia (12-1)

I thought they were good prices, however, when England beat Australia, I had no option but to also back England as I could not cheer on France against England.

So, I had both teams in the final, just varying amounts of how much I was going to pick up from Ladbrokes!