PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 12:10
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has nothing to do with the start up. It was originally started when Emerald was still going.

Why don't you start a new thread on the potential start up rather than resurecting this old one.

But I have to say, I reckon the chances of getting the 748's back in the air is pretty much zero.

Not because they aren't suitable for the freight market, but because no-one is going to give AJ a contract after the whole Emerald debacle. All the big freight companies have long memories.

Why would they risk being let down again? Remind me again how many contracts were lost in the last couple of years of Emeralds existance..... Small hint, it was a lot.

I think it's probably about time everyone moved on. Certainly all I know who were capable of doing so have.

Why on earth would anyone take the risk of going to work for that bunch of incompetents?

Anyone who's worked for any sort of half decent company knows how rubbish it really was. Sure it was fun sometimes, but that was purely down to the crews.

I think back on my time at Emerald as a learning experience. It changed my perception of how bad things can get, but I learnt more about flying there than at any other time in my career.

The main thing that I'll remember is how not to do anything. I just have to think "what would Emerald do" in any situation and then do the opposite. SO far it's worked pretty well!