PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulic Lock /Jack Stall
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2007, 11:46
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
I hate to play devil's advocate here (heh-heh-heh, I kill me) but I completely agree with him.

On the other hand, Killabeez asks: "How would your grieving family and relations feel if we was discussing an accident you had been involved in without the facts?"

They'd feel fine because we was doing exactly what *they* was doing. See, I'm pretty sure *they* would want to know what happened too - the known facts and circumstances, the possible causes along with those things that might be immediately ruled-out (e.g. "Could Bob have been drunk?" "NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!! Uhh, well maybe...yeah, possibly...okay, probably."). *They* wouldn't want to just sit around, shrug their shoulders and patiently say, "Ahh, no point in asking questions - even non-expert ones, let's just wait a couple of years for the formal report to come out."

No. That's not human nature. Human nature makes us curious and inquisitive. If a pilot like myself were to be involved in an accident, at least some people on this planet would go, "How did THAT happen?! ...And WHAT happened?" That's called being normal. I know some of you won't understand that.