PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2002, 20:57
PercyDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
misterploppy

Sure, insurnace is one of the many areas that I get involved in. Having accumulated just over 8000 hours flying various machines in exotic parts of the world I thought, (but also 300 odd in N:Ireland, as a matter of interest) around 15 years ago, that the time was ripe for a change (so how many hours do you have sonny?).

jackonicko.

Look, let us view this whole sorry episode from another direction. Just supposing that there had been an accident involving a bus. With 29 passengers. And this bus had been seen to have been speeding along a country road in very poor weather. The driver was known to be a competant and resposible driver. The bus then approaches a sharp corner and, from the tyre makrs is seen to have baked hard, but sadly is unable to negotitate the corner and it comes off the road, explodes and resulst in the death of everyone on board.

Now, it could possibly have been argued that the accelerator pedal had jambed, along with the brakes, just at the moment that the vehicle had approached the corner. But I think that you will agree that the overwhelming evidence would support the view that the driver had neen negligent in approaching the corner (which he knew to be ahead of him) too fast.