PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2002, 23:34
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,. .I think I'm now in a position to think a little more clearly (Yes, I know there's a first for everything!).

You all seem to have grasped this anyway, but I would invite everyone to write / fax their MPs to specifically ask them to contact Blair to demand that he overturn the verdict. Why write to him (especially as overseas mail is more expensive)? Downing Street will have to acknowledge the post and will probably pass the enquiry down to the MoD. So you bother two departments for the price of one!!

The MoD are prepared to take some stick for the next few days and then hope that we will all shut up and go away. We must not do that.

We have done our bit for the families. Let us all now do the last bit for Rick and Jon.

To the MoD - You say there is no new evidence. Yep! You're absolutely right. We have said that all along too. However, the 'factual' evidence you have based the condemnation on is ... er ...not actually fact is it? This rather blows a large hole in your argument. Their Lordships summed up your argument in just two words 'Not so'. There seems little else to add.

By the way, I looked both 'dignity' and 'integrity' up in the dictionary last night. In both cases it said - 'See Messrs John Cook and Mike Tapper'. I suggest you look and learn.

I further suggest you do the honourable and correct thing. And do it soon. Rest assured, if you take another 8 years I will still be here!

Percy - thanks for your views. I happen to disagree with you.

I'm sure I have said thank you to everyone, but I'll say it again. Your support has kept everyone going and we are all extremely grateful.

Please keep the pressure on and write to your MP.

Very best wishes to you all. .Regards. .Brian. ."Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook