PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2002, 14:02
moggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic day for the families and friends of two good aviators who were scapegoated by the weasels at the top. OK - off the fence now and say what I really believe!

Seriously, the news brought tears to my eyes as we are all there but for the grace of god. surely now it is time for some heads to roll.

But on another tack, maybe we can now try to look at what REALLY happened. This accident was an apalling event in which 29 people lost their lives. Their airships took the easy route of balming the pilots when they should really have been looking at:

1)What was wrong with the Chinooks Mk2. .2)How the aircraft came to be below ground level . .3)Why so many important people were on one aircraft. .4)Why a chopper was being used instead of the (normally) safer fixed wing option. .5)What lessons could be learned

It's the same mentality as cops fitting up a murder suspect - OK you get a conviction, but the REAL killer is still out there, waiting to strike again.

My admiriation goes out to all those who fought long and hard to get this result. well done one and all.

RIP at last John and Rick.