PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2002, 23:56
cheapseat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First-rate!

Whilst pleased at the outcome I’m not at all surprised by the apparent arrogance being displayed by the MOD.

The simple fact that two Air Ranks have sold the whole of the senior staff of the MOD and, more importantly, successive ministers a kipper of large proportions is the umbrella these two Gentlemen always knew they could stand under. There is just one ray of hope on this and that is if the whole affair is now seen for what it is; two politicians in uniform thinking they are so senior that they are above all in the UK. Maybe that will be the final outcome of today, some form of REAL accountability for our senior officers. Maybe as much effort will be put into checking their performance and failings as is put, rightly, into ours.

Oh I nearly forgot. Just to underline the size of the fish caught on this hook:

From CW:

"Handwritten notes by the prime minister, Tony Blair, denying that there is new evidence about the 1994 Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash, are in direct conflict with the House of Lords select committee report.

Blair's note to the relative of one of those who died in the crash rejects the need for a new inquiry into the accident and says, "I have looked into this personally. I know my conclusion will disappoint you but I wanted to set out the reasons in detail.""

[ 05 February 2002: Message edited by: cheapseat ]</p>