PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 23:23
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've given up on CTC. Went to the BALPA Employment Oppertunities Conference and although I hate to be doom and gloom, the general message was that recruitment across the board was going to be very flat this year
(2008) in the UK but expect it to pick up the year after. Not good news as far as hold pool is concerned and think CTC are going to get a hammering on their reputation for bad judgement. May well be deserved. No longer can they say that "we are so reliable and trustworthy that even after 9/11 the longest one of our cadets waited was 9 months" (I was told this!). They had all our trust but it's fading. Great shame really as I though it was one of the only companies out there I respected for trying to change the game for the benefit of us pilot types. Have managed to find a job elsewhere and am going to take it. Not quite as good as the Easy scheme but new doors will open in a short while! The big wait is over! I know it's been said before and I dismissed it as the views of doom merchants but I really suggest having a look around for jobs if you intend to enter the industry any time soon particularly if you are at the back of the pool. Best of luck guys! Arm bands going on e-bay if anybody wants them and can someone get me a towel!!!