PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet buys GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 18:34
Tinytim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So......... again.......... proof positive, if any more was needed, that BA have neither the will nor the ability to run anything other than fortress Heathrow. (I wonder how long before it dawns that actualy BA are a dinosaur who will not exist in less than five years)
Speaking as someone who was sold by BA to the nasty little operator FLYBE and quickly bailed out (along with 70% of other BA Connect flight deck) I would say that the GB boys and gals should have nothing to fear. Easy may have strange ways of doing things but they are a decent company who value the individual. One thing is for certain .........they sure know how to deal with a merger/ takeover. The GO deal was a masterclass in forward planning with very little fallout.
Good luck to all concerned!
PS I hope you at GB enjoy better luck than we did over staff travel. Willie stuck the knife in and twisted it good and proper........particularly into those of us who thought we had accrued concessions in retirement as a result of long service. Balpa were as usual beyond useless

Last edited by Tinytim; 25th Oct 2007 at 18:48.