PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 16:45
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes I get really depressed.

Atcowannabe, although I've replied to your post, this is not aimed by any means at just you....

To anyone out there who is going through the process or will apply.

How do you know if you really want to be an ATCO if you've not been for a visit to see what an ATCO does, and spoken with a few current ATCOs?

How would you expect to answer questions about ATC at an interview if you don't know what equipment an ATCO uses, and what they use it for?

This is a career, very rare in the contemporary job market, in which you might stay for the rest of your working life......perhaps you ought to do some research both to enhance your chances of being selected, and also to discover if it's what you think it is and if it's still attractive to you.

Can anyone think of any reason not to at least try to visit an ATC facility if you're applying to become an ATCO?

/rant on.

One (obvious) word, people.

Preparation.

It continually amazes and crushes my spirit in equal measure when I interview to find many candidates don't know anything about the job, the company, the industry etc.

My first question is usually "so, what have you done to prepare for today?..." it is usually met by a very short answer.

This is not A Good Thing.

/rant off