PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2001, 03:17
uncle peter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

forgot to mention above that the uncorrected evidence of the final day of the committee's hearing has been added to the hansard pages.
would do one of those link thingys but you confuse me with someone who knows anything about compooters.

it now appears that day and wratten have "adapted" their reasons for their findings in light of evidence previously unavailable to them.

i could not make the hearing in person, nor did i catch it on the parliamentary channel, so i am not privy to the tone adopted by wratten, but he appears to display open hostility towards the committee. day was also caught out attempting to lie about previous evidence.

perhaps the most telling evidence was offered by air commodore crawford, in that he had great difficulty in determining what the burden of proof (no doubt whatsoever) actually meant. he claimed the wording he used was clumsy as "he was not legally trained"

this was later reiterated by day, who also pointed out that his knowledge was limited due to no formal legal training.

did someone say bandwagon?