PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 25th Oct 2007, 12:36
vodkaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vodkaholic it is acceptable, it is done in the airline industry the whole world over not just BA. The airline industry is very different to any other. If you cant accept that things are different in this industry I would strongly reccomend you look elsewhere for employment.
The only other alternative for BA to do would be to say to the candidates "sorry no jobs, try again next time" surely the holding pool is a better alternative?
you are of course right. a holding pool is a much better alternative than saying "no you didnt get the job" or "we dont currently have any jobs". if you read my post, this is not what i was disputing.

i think the process of interviewing people and giving them a training course straight away while there are still people in a holding pool is unnacceptable.

i have been working in this industry a long time. i know that holding pools CAN be part of the industry for certain airlines. but this is a time when it seems not to be working.

sorry if you misread my post. sometimes its difficult to make it clear what you want to say on forums.