PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No GrowBags when buying booze.
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2007, 10:19
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it transpired that this is policy for the police
WTF has it to do with Sainsburys?
If the Police rule is no buying booze whilst in uniform then that is up to the individual police officer and Chief Constable; hardly any business of the retailer.
I'm ex Army, MN and RAF and have bought and imbibed alcoholic drinks in uniform in public on numerous occasions.
I'm beginning to understand what makes old men grumpy
p.s. One Boss did require us to remove GrowBags when exiting the Argosy even on other RAF stations. Just as well fighter jocks didn't have the same rule before reaching for the yellow & black handle

Oops! Basil was wrong

Stones Justices Manual Vol I

6-783 178. Offences in relation to constables. If the holder of a justices' licence —
(a) knowingly suffers to remain on the licensed premises any constable during any part of the time appointed for the constable's being on duty, except for the purposes of the execution of the constable's duty, or
(b) supplies any liquor or refreshment, whether by way of gift or sale, to any constable on duty except by authority of a superior officer of the constable, or
(c) bribes or attempts to bribe any constable,
he shall be liable, to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.

(which, coincidentally is the same penalty as for permitting licenced premises to be a brothel )

Last edited by Basil; 26th Oct 2007 at 16:22. Reason: Duff gen