PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Ban Rude Pax From Boarding
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2001, 17:30
TravelMan

Exclamation

I think you missed my point, CAPT PEACOCK. If passengers are treated with respect, and appreciation for the value they are adding to the airline's bottom line (providing employment for you!), then I have no hesitation that the majority of travellers will show respect back, and life will return to the bucolic way you perceive it.

However, ground staff (and even staff on board) are often short with travellers, and become the straw that breaks the camels back from time to time, forcing individuals into confrontation. An open declaration from the airline is just encouraging this, not solving the issue thru better staff training, improved service resulting in a positive travel experience for everyone.

You mention the ability to reasonably solve a dispute? The way I see it: BA is right, the passenger is wrong. Piss off, you aren't travelling with us today. Now do you honestly think you want this happening to bankers putting together billion dollar deals, the same bankers who have £30 million annual spends with BA? Doubt it!

And yes, I do believe that people paying £3500 for a ticket should be worshipped. Because if they aren't, you'll lose your prime profit margin, and will not be employed for much longer. Have you paid this kind of money for a ticket? If you have, I bet you demanded EVERYTHING, including some worship, and probably more.