PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2007, 08:25
vkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no real offence intended to Dublin people (I'm angry over this as are most people in the region) but with recent revelations what do ye expect? Very little that happens at Shannon happens without sign off from the DAA. It is not an independent board and that is obvious from recent developments) I agree there have been issues at Shannon but please..this attitude that it is SNN's own fault is a load of nonsense. There is a definite conflict of interest and the DAA are using that to kill the place off before it ever gets independence. Shannon can do very little without the DAA's say so and anyone who thinks that is allowing Shannon to grow its business is talking rubbish. The DAA are only interested in their own interests. Balanced regional devlopment my ass...and that goes beyond air policy. Dublin people dont see that because it doesnt really affect them but it is the truth..

And as for Ryanair I would say the DAA allowed that one through to shut them up in Shannon for a while. 3 Airports should be independent of each other if there is to be real competition. My opinion is Shannon is seen as a threat to Dublin when it becomes an independent entity..especially in light of Open Skies...