PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saif Sareea - was it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2001, 21:29
jockspice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Pilot Pacifier
If you are refering to the crabs in the field with us who
1. Did what they like by turning a 2 hr tasking line into 6 by shutting down at Masirah with their goofers to go shopping at the PX,
2. Went to Masirah to do an engine change while everyone else did theirs in the field,
3. Managed to miss the LPD that was only 3 miles astern of the O boat and after 45 mins of searching went to Masirah and shut down,
then no, I wasn't refering to them. How can you accuse those next to you of not being with you?
I was refering to those who were making such a song and dance before the ex on these pages at their lack of hotels and aircon. I was also doing as many do on these pages, and adding a bit of banter (its in the dictionary) to the page and see what bit the hook. Congratulations!
As for the beach assault, since it was for press and VIPs who wouldnt know a tactical assault if it bit their butt, remaining a mile away round the headland out of sight may improve reaction to timing cock ups, don't you think?
Mixing with the VIPs, I dont believe anyone said "the Sea Kings were in plain view of the enemy - I cant believe it!". They were happy as pigs in poo. They didn't even comment that you could still hear the chinooks even though they were 10 miles away.

Crabs didnt give me a lift to Muscat either, that was a joy-filled bus ride to my comfy well-booked-in-advance seat, cheers!

MrBernoulli
It would be my pleasure but chances are the press will know before we do....

[ 05 November 2001: Message edited by: jockspice ]