PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24 years old ¿Too old to start?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 23:22
my_old_dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re

Thanks to all of you for the answers. The thread is plenty of good news!!

I´m starting as soon as possible to get my private pilot license.

After that I´ll see which is the best way to get pro. Maybe studying in Europe?

I live in Uruguay and the school i´m going possesses coordination with Aerofan in Spain.

I have EU citizenship, which allows me to live and work in Europe and USA. I hope being able to work anywhere makes an advantage for me, I don´t mind to live in any country as long as I can fly.

Do you think it´s possible in Europe or USA to work and afford the cost of the course, or the time expended on the learning makes it impossible to work at the same time?

Any advices will be welcome. All opinions can be useful for me.

Here is some info from the school. What do you think about it?

-------------

Obtain your license JAR-CPL (A), at a very inferior cost to what would cost
you an Integrated Course is possible.

AEROTECNO of Uruguay in coordination with AEROFAN of Spain offers you that alternative.

LICENSE JAR-CPL (A) (SE+ME+IR+MCC) THEORETICAL PTLA + 225 fligh hours: € 31.000.-

LICENSE JAR-CPL (A) (SE+ME+IR+MCC) THEORETICAL PTLA + 450 : € 47.000.-

SE: Single-Engine / ME: Multiengine / IR: Instruments Rating /
MCC: Multi-crew Coordination / PTLA: Theoretical Title Airline Transport Pilot.

According to the norms JAR-FCL 1.160 and 1.165 (a)(4) (annex 1), is possible that a Private Pilot with OACI license, having a minimum of 150 hours, can carry out in a F.T.O. the Modular Course CPL(A), to obtain JAR Commercial Pilot License (Airplane).

The course consists of 2 phases:

Uruguay Phase: We form you like Private Pilot (OACI), with Instruments Rating, Simulator, Courses of Air Picture, Low Flight, Short / Soft Field Operation, Launching of Parachutists, a solid theoretical base, plus the hours that you want with a minimum of 150, in a term from 5 to 6 months.

Spain Phase: You conclude your career in a FTO, carrying out a minimum of 75 hours, where they will prepare you to present you to the theoretical tests, to qualify you in SE, ME, IR, MCC, and obtain your JAR-CPL(A), in a term among 8 to 10 months.

AEROTECNO possesses an appropriate infrastructure for the aeronautical formation, imparting courses at the present time of Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Instruments Flight, Multiengine and Agricultural Pilot according to the normative OACI, having diverse airships according to the necessities and with instructors with JAA/OACI formation and licenses.

100 hours package: ------ Euros:

CESSNA 310 ---------------20.000.-
BEECH B-35 ----------------9.500.-
CESSNA 182 ----------------9.200.-
CESSNA 172 ----------------7.500.-
CESSNA 150 ----------------4.500.-
PA-18 (Tailwheel) -----------5.850.-
CESSNA 170 (Tailwheel) -----6.450.-