PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Ban Rude Pax From Boarding
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2001, 00:34
Panman

Thumbs down

I think this is a step backwards. How do you really define rude. The answer to this is what each person defines as rude and offensive. Take for instance a passenger arrives at check-in all flustered. Tells the check-in clerk 'I need to get on this bloody flight!'.

Now Granny who has been working for the company for the past 2 centuries, still believes in butterfly neck tops and ankle length skirts/dresses. On top of that granny was the victim of abuse during a 5 mile tailback on the M4 leading to Heathrow, couldn't find a space in the staff car park and thus had to park in long term car parking, had a little child spill blackcurrant ribena on her jacket and is dealing with a malfunctioning computer. She is going to think that passenger rude and offensive and subsequently bar them from the flight.

Ms Pretty Young Thing who has worked for the company less than six months, wears a skirt that makes you go blind when she coughs and rests her bosom on the counter to ease the pain in her back, considers that the passenger was using the word casually and lets them board the flight.

It's all how the person perceives it.

I disagree with this knee jerk reaction from BA.

PaNmAn