PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I think I need a kick up the back-side..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 00:36
Funkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I think I need a kick up the back-side..

Hi all,

I need some advice/guidance or a kick up the back-side and told to get on with it…

I’m 22 years old and am putting my self forward to AFCO, again, hopefully to be put forward to OASC for final selection as GD(P). I am, well let's say apprehensive.

I had originally contacted the AFCO 6 months ago, was shown the officer/airmen aircrew presentation and followed this up with the filter interview. The interview could have gone better, however the interviewing officer did ‘see potential, and I should re-apply in 3 months’.

Thing is 3 months have long since passed, and I have been busy with my current job, studying for a part-time Beng, working a part-time job to pay for my flying and going to the gym to get fit. Because of this, I feel in a sort of limbo, I really want to join the RAF as I feel that it will give me new focus and direction, and allow my fly, a passion since I was a wee boy.

I only have this one chance to make a good impression at OASC (if selected), as if I fail, it’ll be a letter through the door saying ‘sorry, but you have been unsuccessful…… please re-apply in one year’ by which time I’ll be too old.

I hope this does not seem like a rant, and I know that no doubt you’ll see folks like me on these pages all the time, but I would be grateful for any advice

Yours,

Fra