PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tail rotor position
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 19:59
BJC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pot stirring

NickLappos,
Nice to see an OEM who doesn't design to the minimum FAR requirements for controllability! So, are you saying that since pedal margin wasn't limited at 17 kts that Sikorsky is unable to take advantage of this loop hole because the aircraft are engine performance limited instead?
No where did I see that smilie that shows a guy baiting a fishing hook and casting it....
All kidding aside (and because I don't want to get pounced by the Sikorsky fan club members in the forum) what an insane AC. I first got bit by this in a civil certified helicopter (I'm a military pilot) when I landed into wind and then tried to turn xwind to taxi to the ramp. Quite a surprise to encounter LTA in a brand new helicopter model in only moderate winds, even more surprising was it happening in proximity to other aircraft. I wish an instructor some where had pointed out the significance of this cert requirement before I had the opportunity to scare myself. I don't count encountering it in a 206/OH-58 as a surprise because you know it is coming...