PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 24 years old ¿Too old to start?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 19:57
my_old_dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the answers.

I live in Uruguay, and i´m planning to start learning as soon as possible in this school, to be a private pilot:

http://www.aerotecno.com/home.html

After that I will see what to do.

ANY ADVICES will be welcome.

Here is some info from the school. Please tell me what do you think about it. ANYTHING that comes to your minds can be useful for me.

Is Aerofan in Spain a known-recommendable place or not?

I have the EU citizenship which allows me to legally work and live in Europe and United States, so I can practically look for a job all over the world.

Thanks again.

-------

Obtain your license JAR-CPL (A), at a very inferior cost to what would cost you an Integrated Course is possible.!!!
AEROTECNO of Uruguay in coordination with AEROFAN of Spain offers you that alternative.

LICENSE JAR-CPL (A) (SE+ME+IR+MCC) theoretical PTLA + 225 hrs.: € 31.000.-
LICENSE JAR-CPL (A) (SE+ME+IR+MCC) theoretical PTLA + 450 hrs.: € 47.000.-

SE: Single-Engine / ME: Multiengine / IR: Instruments Rating /
MCC: Multi-crew Coordination / PTLA: Theoretical Title Airline Transport Pilot.

According to the norms JAR-FCL 1.160 and 1.165 (a)(4) (annex 1), is possible that a Private Pilot with OACI license, having a minimum of 150 hours, can carry out in a F.T.O. the Modular Course CPL(A), to obtain JAR Commercial Pilot License (Airplane).

The course consists of 2 phases:
Uruguay Phase: We form you like Private Pilot (OACI), with Instruments Rating, Simulator, Courses of Air Picture, Low Flight, Short / Soft Field Operation, Launching of Parachutists, a solid theoretical base, plus the hours that you want with a minimum of 150, in a term from 5 to 6 months.
Spain Phase:You conclude your career in a FTO, carrying out a minimum of 75 hours, where they will prepare you to present you to the theoretical tests, to qualify you in SE, ME, IR, MCC, and obtain your JAR-CPL(A), in a term among 8 to 10 months.

--------------