PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF salary update?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2001, 06:58
GCP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of good work was done in Canberra on this matter. Things did go a bit quiet whilst the report of the 'Nunn Review' into ADF remuneration was prepared, given to Government and a response decided. A week or two ago the Govt released its response. The CAF told all CO's to brief their personnel on the government's response, so you should know all about it!!?? You can find it on DEFWEB and read it yourself if need be.

One of the recommendations would have the effect you (all of us) desire, Arm out the window, for salary related allowances.

The government's response was to declare a six month consultation period so that Service Chief's can get the views of members on the recommendations. I won't say any more on that, and I don't know what happens if the government changes in a few weeks time.

I am afraid that if you are to get your pension boost you will have to wait until the Chiefs' report and then a claim is made in the DFRT. I would be surprised if a case was not ready to put very soon after the consultation period. Meantime, watch the election results and let your bosses know your views. If a claim is to be made it may be worth your while to stick out an extra few months to get the long-term benefit.

DNA - Yes, some people display that view. I think they will be set straight. People are still working on it and having some success, considering that September gives a little breathing space to do the job properly. The reality is that September will have little long term effect on us. Paradoxically, the collapse of AN could make loss rates increase. Hardly anyone went to AN in recent years but a big percentage go to the now dominant and growing player.

Regards.