PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Ban Rude Pax From Boarding
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2001, 23:05
Capt H Peacock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

On the contrary Travel Man, perhaps the opportunity to travel on an aircraft without this increasing phenomenon nowadays will be a positive attraction to BA’s customers. In today’s macho cut and thrust corporate world it seems that many people have forgotten that good manners, politeness, and consideration for others, regardless of their position in the strata of society, is a valued virtue and is an equally successful tactic to bullying, abuse, rudeness, and shouting. There are a small but vocal minority who believe that purchasing a ticket on an airline gives them the right to treat staff as chattels and behaving like a spilt ten year old, whilst being worshipped and grovelled to by the chicks in the uniforms. I detest such individuals, for individuals they are, and applaud this move by Big to remove them from the vast majority of seasoned traveller’s misery.

I have flown prince and pauper alike and welcome with open arms anyone who enjoys the comfort and security of my aircraft, whilst respecting the dignity and professionalism of my crew. That BA considers this basic courtesy to be extended to the ground-staff as well attracts my full support.

I suggest those passengers who can’t reasonably resolve a dispute without throwing their teddies out of the cot should consult with the British Deputy Prime Minister.