PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical re-issue after suspension.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 13:20
TotalBeginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Medical re-issue after suspension.

In February of this year I was diagnosed with a gallstone and after informing the CAA they sent me a letter stating that I am temporarily unfit to fly.

In July I had a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and all is well. In early August I wrote to my GP and asked her to forward a report to the Aeromedical Dept as per the instructions on their letter.

Having heard nothing, I telephoned them and they have said that the report is inconclusive and cannot be used to determine if I am now fit to fly. I have contacted my GP who said that she sent a report stating the facts. (Condition, symptoms, type of surgery etc). I explained that the CAA require a document that states that I am fit to resume duties, but she is not prepared to do this and said that only a qualified AME can make such a judgment.

Now what? Am I going to have to fork out for a brand new medical? The CAA said that if they have a report from my GP saying that I am fit to resume duties then they can re-instate my current Class II.

This has been dragging out for too long now, and it's starting to get really frustrating!!! I had no idea that having a gallstone was going to cause such a big problem for my medical!! Arrghhhh

Any advice?