PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issues at SpiceJet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2007, 06:40
captshekh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I did receive your mail in my company mail box when you posted the original.
I could not reply because of the identity. I could have spoken with you personally. give me a call if that suits you.
I assure you of not exposing any names to anyone. if that puts you at ease a call is welcome and we can discuss.
As far as AIE calling for F/Os from SG is concerned, they have to train their own and it will take SOME finite time. till thet tiem they do need to make alternative arrangements. If 14 vs 200 is amusing, then the fact is that AIE at the moment needs only that many! i met a few of them at Pro IFR at Vancouver getting their Multi IFR endorsed.
See, if AIE is already insisting on Multi IFR for F/O entrants- points to the fact they are not short on applicants.
incidentally, like Anand rightly pointed out, one couldnot even dream of flying an air liner as a fresh CPL holder. S/he had to rough it on side lines to build up experience to get an entry in to airlines.
While the grass may look greener on the other side, the queue starts at the bottom and one has to work the difficult way-- all the way upwards.
So make the best of lucky break that has been provided by the rapid expansion and keep your feet firmly planted on ground.
You will have your time too. Avaition is known to provide 'see saw' effect the most.
Cheers and Happy flying.