PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the West support the Northern Alliance?
Old 24th Oct 2001, 00:06
rosscoe_pk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya,

I'm sure you looked at the poll - it is, statistically, rather shallow!!

It wasn't just a blatant advert - I would try to be more subtle if I was doing that!! It would just be interesting to know how the two groups feel on the same point - most members of the forums at ServicePals.com are ex-military (although the ex-military search is also open to those currently serving in the military) - the majority are ex-RAF - and I expect the view might be rather different from those here who.

Although nobody here has responded either, so maybe it's not that different - was just trying to start a bit of discussion.

Kiting for Boys - thanks for pointing that out. If you had taken a look, it's a shame that you didn't cast a vote.

The site is getting more and more traffic and increasing attention from the Press (eg. http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...0858,00.html). No Sun-bashing please!! Anyway, just trying to offer servicemen an annonymous voice in the same way that pprune does for aircrew.

Enough of that though - I personally can't see any reason for supporting the Northern Alliance beyond the short-term goals. I have yet to to hear of a sensible reason for backing the northern alliance, and just thought you guys might be able to point out what I'm missing here??

[ 23 October 2001: Message edited by: rosscoe_pk ]